Thursday 6 February 2014



What is love actually...

I'm sure we've all seen many different variations of what love actually is. Movies, books, music. We've heard and seen it all.

Society has come up with a "concept" if I can call it that of what love is supposed to look like. Anyone that doesn't have what society says you should have must clearly not understand love right?
Let me explain to you what love is in its most simple form. You might have questions or just down right disagree with what I'm about to say but by all means if you feel that way, please let me know.


We all know the saying: "God is love" right, but do we know how deep the definition of that saying actually goes?
Trust me when I say there's alot more to those three words than what you think.

I believe that we're all connected. Connected by something other than whats seen by the naked eye.
I also believe that as human beings, we're capable of loving more than one person at a time. Now before you raise your eyebrow and go checking the title again for the words "Confessions of a polygamist" give me a chance to explain.

For anyone that's really been "inlove", you'll know that it might be physical attraction that first drew you to your significant other, it might be conversation, but whats the one thing that kept you there? What's that one thing that still keeps you there while reading this?

The answer is simple.We see love in other people. We see God. Why are we so drawn to human interaction? Whether its with just one other person or one hundred people. Why can something as simple as a hug from someone when you having a bad day alter your mood or current emotion. We feel something, something that no scientist could ever explain. I'm sure if you do your research you'll find that your brain releases chemicals and thats what causes bla bla bla...but you and I both know that its much more than that.

We're able to love more than one person at a time because its in our nature. Love and compassion comes naturally. It's easier for you to feel sorry for a homeless person than to turn the other way. Society has just made it so much easier for us to ignore our basic instinct of love and compassion. If I'm wrong, explain why when you see someone less fortunate than you, your first instinct is to help out, before convincing yourself its the wrong thing to do.

On a side note, please understand that love and sex are two completely different things. Sex is a different topic completely. So when I speak about love I'm referring purely to the mental and spiritual aspect of it and not the physical.

Love is when two people come together and become one. As we become one, the love we had as individuals becomes greater. Allowing us to feel closer to one another, closer to God.

Simply put, Love is God...

No comments:

Post a Comment